July 5th –August 12, 2022 (Monday-Friday)
Liberty High School at Pace High School
100 Hester Street
New York, NY 10002
*Location for the summer only*
B/D to Grand Street
F to East Broadway
Other trains in the area
6/N/Q/R to Canal St
J/Z to Bowery
M to Delancey St-Essex St
Bus:B39, BxM18, M103, M14A, M15, M15-SBS, M22, M5, M9, X1, X10, X12, X17, X27, X28
Update for Families on COVID-19 Health and Safety Policies: March 4, 2022: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/messages-for-families
Health and Safety Guide in various languages by visiting https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year/school-year-2021-22
- Link: Student Covid-19 Testing Form: student-covid-19-testing-consent-form 2.pdf
- Link: NYCSA NYC School Accounts for Parents: https://mystudent.nyc/ (JPG FORMAT: Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 6 15 41 PM.jpg PDF FORMAT: Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 6 15 41 PM.pdf )
- Link: P-EBT (Pandemic Food Benefit for Families ): Frequently asked Questions about P-EBT cards
- MUST COMPLETE the HEALTH SCREENING FORM BEFORE ENTERING THE SCHOOL BUILDING: https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- SHOW PROOF OF CLEARANCE (COVID-19 vaccine card) to enter the school building.
2021-2022 School Calendar
Regents Exams from June 15-24, 2022
Contact your child's School Counselor for regents details.
Welcome to a new school year! I want to welcome returning and new parents/guardians to our school. My name is Carolina Velasquez and I’m the Parent Coordinator at Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers. As your Parent Coordinator, I’m here to help you connect and understand our school. Think of me as your personal guide to the school system, your go to person. You are welcome to come to me with any questions or concerns. I ask parents to take some time and make an effort to participate in our workshops/PTA meetings & activities. This is a team effort and I’m here to make you, your child and our school the best working team possible.
Download/Print our Parent Handbook
English: Parent Handbook Liberty HSA pub.pdf
Parent Workshops/PTA Meetings
Family Workshops 2022-2023
ZOOM FAMILY MEETING
What Are The Advantages of Being Bilingual?
School Leadership Team
Thursday, June 9, 2022
"Remind" Text Notifications
Subscribe to "Remind"Text Notifications
Find out what is going on at Liberty H.S.
*Instructions for Text messages in Spanish (ESPAÑOL)
Follow this link: https://www.remind.com/join/libertyesp
*If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications.
Text to: 81010
If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting to: (573) 234-4359.
Standard text message rates apply.
*Instructions for text messages in English & other languages
Follow this link: https://www.remind.com/join/libertyhsm
*If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications.
Text to: 81010
If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting to (573) 234-4359.
* Standard text message rates apply.
Get instructions on how to get the Remind app by visiting: Remind App
*You only need the app if you are interested in all the features*
Submit ALL required documents via email to: CVelasquez2@schools.nyc.gov
- Proof of Birth (Birth Certificate, Valid Passport, State ID etc.)
- Social Security card (For verification purposes, will not be kept on file)
- Application signed by parent (ONLY complete part I of application)
- Medical Examination or Physical Fitness Certificate (Must be within a year)
Free Immunization Clinic
Free Immunization Clinic ONLY by appointment (No more walk-in immunizations).
- Call for an Appointment: 347-396-7943 or visit, https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/immunization-clinics.page
- When calling to make an appointment, provide the name of the immunization(s) the child needs. (Name of immunizations on document school provided).
- Fort Greene Health Center Address: 295 Flatbush Avenue Extension, Fifth Floor (corner of Willoughby Street and Flatbush Avenue Extension, near the Fulton Mall and Long Island University) Brooklyn.
Parent-Teacher Conferences 2021-2022
Fall 2022 Conferences
Wednesday, November -Evening Conferences
Friday, November -Afternoon Conferences
Spring 2023 Conferences
Wednesday, March - Evening Conferences
Friday, March -Afternoon Conferences
COVID-19 Vaccines & Test locations
Get your Vaccine!
https://vaccinefinder.nyc.gov You can also call 877-829-4692
Contact the school if you need assistance.
Covid-19 Test Locations
Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
School Reopening September 2021Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Want Information about our School
Fill out the form to receive print materials.Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
You can help keep our school community safe!
The City’s Vaccine Command Center is notifying you that first dose COVID-19 vaccine appointments are now available at vaccine sites across all five boroughs.
It has never been easier to get a COVID-19 vaccine appointment! To book your vaccine appointment for you and any family member residing, working, or studying in New York City, visit the City’s vaccine finder at https://vaccinefinder.nyc.gov/ at or call 877-VAX4NYC (877-829-4692).
Please note that walk-up appointments are now available for New Yorkers over the age of 50 and a companion at these sites located throughout the five boroughs.
Watch the COVID Vaccine: Doing Our Part Video to hear from NYC DHS and HRA leaders about what the COVID-19 vaccine meant for them.
We are grateful for your service to the City of New York during this unprecedented crisis. Thank you for your dedication and partnership to support the City's recovery effort.
Vaccine Command CenterLiberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Families get Vaccinated
If you are 18 and older you can get the Moderna or Johnson and Johnson Vaccine.
If you are 16 and older you get the Pfizer Vaccine.
You can search for availability with the link or call the school and someone can assist you.Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Blended Students Return to the Building on March 22, 2021
As announced this morning students that opted for blended learning will return on March 22, 2021. ALL students must fill out the consent form for COVID-19 testing to enter.
Also, the opt in period for Blended Learning has ended.
Families always have the option for remote learning.Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Update from the Chancellor
Attention Students and Families! Please see the attached letter in your home language for an update from NYC DOE.
Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
- Update for Families January 22 2021.pdf
All students are remote learning. Every period, every class, every day!
Todos los estudiantes están aprendiendo a distancia.
Cada período, cada clase, todos los días!
Tous les étudiants apprennent à distance.
Chaque période, chaque classe, chaque jour!
جميع الطلاب يتعلمون عن بعد.
كل فترة ، كل فصل ، كل يوم!
Все студенты проходят дистанционное обучение.
Каждый период, каждое занятие, каждый день!
تمام طلبا ریموٹ لرننگ ہیں۔
ہر دور ، ہر طبقہ ، ہر روز!
Duk ɗalibai suna koyon nesa.
Kowane lokaci, kowane aji, kowace rana!Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Temporary School Closure
Liberty High School will be closed until NYC Chancellors clears all schools to return. ALL students will have remote learning starting to tomorrow. Please log in to your classes and follow your class schedule.Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Potential Covid CaseLiberty High School Academy for Newcomers
October 29, 2020Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
OPT IN to BLENDED LEARNING
Tired of being remote?? OPT IN to BLENDED LEARNING from November 2, 2020 to November 15, 2020. Call Ms. Velasquez the Parent Coordinator.Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Random COVID testing at School
You are being notified that the school will have COVID random testing in the next week. Please see the attached letter for more details.Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
ALERT!Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Mandatory Health ScreenLiberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Family UpdateLiberty High School Academy for Newcomers
Parents & Families
- School Life
- Multilingual Learners
- Special Education
- NYC School Accounts
- Supporting Immigrant Families
- After school
- Get help
- get involved
- Support & more...
Parents NYC Schools Account
- Sign in to see your child's recent test scores, attendance records, and grades.
- To set up an account you will need your child's Student ID number, which you can find on his or her report card, as well as an Account Creation Code, which your school will supply. You can also open an account by visiting your school-you will need a photo ID such as a driver's license or passport.
Community Organizations That Help English Language Learners
Family Welcome Centers
Families can receive direct support from a FWC staff member by emailing your questions to:
Staten Island: email@example.com
- Health Centers: A Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) is a community-based organization that provides comprehensive primary care and preventive care, including health, oral, and mental health/substance abuse services to persons of all ages, regardless of their ability to pay or health insurance status. NPI Lookup Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) — New York
- NMIC is a non-profit that operates under a settlement house model to provide free services to residents of Upper Manhattan and the Bronx. They address the urgent needs of their community, including housing, income, health, education, and more. For over forty years, NMIC has helped their clients on the path to secure, successful, and independent futures.https://www.nmic.org/
Adult Education (Ages 21+)
New York Public Library (NYPL):
- English & adult Literacy
- Computer Training
- Career & Employment
- Personal Finance
City Bar Justice Center:
The Legal Hotline is staffed by attorneys who assist low-income callers on a range of civil legal issues, including matrimonial and family law, housing law, domestic violence, bankruptcy, and debt collection and benefits.
Bilingual attorneys who speak English and Spanish, calls accepted in any language through interpreting services. Legal Hotline: 212.626.7383
Immigrant Justice, Legal Clinic for the Homeless, Elder law and more…
NYC Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD):
For Youths, Adults, Families & Seniors
- After School Programs
- Jobs & Internships
- Runaway Homeless Youth
- Reading & Writing
- Family Support
- Immigrant Services
New York Historical Society Museum & Library:
The Citizenship project: Prepare for the United States Citizenship.
New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC)
St. Jerome H.A.N.D.S. Community Center:
- ESL Classes
- Computer Classes
- Citizenship Class
- Alimentos Basicos
- Seguridad en Trabajo OSHA
NYCDOE Helpful Links for Families of English Language Learners:
Selective Services: Men living in the U.S., citizen and non-citizens alike, are required by law to register with Selective Service at 18 years old.
SNAP Benefits in New York - (food stamps program).
SLIDING SCALE & FREE CLINICS
If you need medical services at a low cost or free, Please see the attached lists for clinics in your borough:
For QUEENS & STATEN ISLAND or other clinics in NYC, please visit the website: https://www.freeclinics.com/
For a clinic near you, you can also visit the Free Clinics Website at: https://www.freeclinics.com/
Free and Low-Cost Internet Options
There are several free or low-cost internet options available to New York City students and families. Visit the DOE website for more information: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/learn-at-home/technical-tools-and-support/free-and-low-cost-internet-options.
Common sense media resources
Disponible en Español cuando visita la página:
- Getting Started with Your iPad
- Microsoft Teams
- Common Sense Media resources for Parents
- Common Sense Media para las familias
Where to go...
|Metro Cards||K. Wong||113|
|ID Cards||J. Tso||113|
|Transcripts||Guidance Counselors||400, 407, 518|
|NYSESLAT Questions||E. Preda||211|
|Help with Registration||C. Velasquez||112|
|College Applications||S. Epstein||307|
|Vaccination Assistance||C. Velasquez||112|
ELECTRONIC DEVICES/CELL PHONE POLICY
Students are not allowed to use cell phones in the school building. Cell phones must be placed in student lockers for safekeeping.
Cell phone restrictions are listed below.
- All students will be required to place their cell phones in their lockers.
- Students will retrieve their cell phones at the end of the day; or at the end of their afterschool class. Students are not allowed to retrieve their phone during their lunch period.
- Students must not share their password to their locker.
- Students will not vandalize, destroy, or write on the lockers.
- The school is not responsible for the loss or theft of electronic devices.
Violation of the rules listed above will result in the following consequences:
- Teachers will call administrators (Principal, Assistant Principal) immediately if a teacher sees a student with a cell phone.
- Confiscation of the device by an administrator until the end of the school day.
- Parent or guardian is required to come to the school to claim the electronic device.
- Student is mandated to surrender the electronic device to an administrator upon arrival to the school and will claim it at the end of the school day.
*If you need to get in contact with your child, Please call your child' guidance counselor:
Ms. Chu: Extension 4070
Ms. Mejia: Extension 4002
Ms. Garcia: Extension 3070
Chancellor's Regulations: a-413-english Cell phones and other electronic devices.pdf
Liberty is a Universal Meal Program School
All of our students receive free breakfast and lunch daily. Check out the link for the monthly menu: